Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rescue me.....or not!

Someone better rescue me soon. I have been working myself to death around here. I was up at 6:30 this morning. I did my regular stuff but I didn't stop there. I cleaned the pantry, sorted out a closet in my bedroom that had way too much junk in it, compiled a nice big of clothes for the goodwill and did several loads of laundry and mopped and waxed the kitchen floor.



Yesterday I installed a new sink in the bathroom. Well, truth be told, Tim down the block and I installed it. I found that the pipe was leaking and the sink was long overdue in replacing. One thing I did realize in putting the sink in, there is a job for everyone and plumbing isn't it for me, no matter how much I need a job.



Tomorrow if the weather holds and it's not too hot, I have a lot of bushes and grass outside that need some grooming. I used to frown on the old couple that lived next door. They were retired and kept the yard so beautiful and well groomed. Heck, he sometimes mowed the yard twice a week. I sure wish they were back over there. The new young couple that have lived there for the past three years make the little work I do in my yard look good, and trust me, I could do so much more.



I continue to be unemployed and the interviewing process continues, and life is good. I got a call today. I thought it was a call to come again for a second interview. What it was, was a call for a job reference for my friend, who is also looking for a job. We talked several minutes, the lady shooting multiple questions what kind of person she was and the work habits of my friend. Who would ever give someone a bad reference when you know it may change the outcome of weather or not that person got or didn't get the job? They would have to be really bad.



When I thought the conversation / reference call was about finish, this lady then told me she had been told I was out of a job too and that she had several more openings and to submit a resume if I was interested. It would be working with children rather than seniors and it's not really what I was looking for but sounds interesting and worth at least an interview.



I got two more calls about employment. One to schedule a first interview, one to come back for a second interview. The one that is a second interview if working only with health care residents. Assisted living and Independent residents are my favorite but the need is greater for good activity people working with the more frail resident. I almost got a job with this company a couple years ago but couldn't wait 10 weeks to start. Him calling me back, he must see something in me that he likes. I have the weekend to think about it. I have several offers in the wings but he is the first to call for a second interview. I just want to make sure not to jump to quickly just because I need a job.

Quote for the day: You can accomplish more in one hour with God than one lifetime without him.

No comments: