Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A coincidence or a small miracle........

Well, I went for a second interview with a retirement community that is only two years old. They own several in our city, but this one is new. The Administrator is young enough to be one own son, ( those are his words, when he found out how old my daughter was). Funny thing, I interviewed with him two years ago, almost to the day. He was willing to hire me then but the company wouldn't be ready for opening for 10 weeks and I couldn't wait that long. Having this same job available at the same time I am once again looking, I think it is a sign from God.

The first interview went well. Having interviewed with him before, there were no butterflies or anything like that. I was relaxed and it made the interview go quickly and smoothly. As it happens, the ad had just been running one day when I sent my resume in. After the interview he said he had several interviews scheduled and would get back to me 4 days later. Early on the 4th day he called and scheduled me in the very next working day.

With being called in for the second interview, I knew the job was mine if I wanted it. We toured the facility, again. Not knowing I was being tested as we moved through the four units. He ask me to observe and provide feedback when we got back to the office. As we toured, he excused himself several times various reasons, staying gone as much a five minutes each. While he was away, I joined in the activity on two separate occasions.

When we returned to his office he said I pasted his test. I told him I didn't know I was being tested. He ask if I knew what the test was. Of course I knew but I didn't tell him I knew. The test he was referring to was becoming involved with the resident and not staying on the side line while waiting for him to return to the room he left me in.

When he offered me the job, I didn't take it right away. I told him I had another second interview scheduled the following day (which wasn't the complete truth, I had a first interview scheduled). After finding out the interview was scheduled at 2:00, he ask me to call him at 3:30, after the interview.

I ended up not going on the interview and just waited until 3:30 to return his call. I accepted the job. I go for orientation in seven hours. ( I better get my bones in bed). I start on July 7th.

Soooo, I guess I can say, I am not unemployed anymore. I have a week and a half to get my ducks in a row then it's back to work. I can't wait!

Quote for the day: A coincidence is a small miracle where God prefers to remain anonymous.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Darlene, I am tremedously happy for your getting this job, and that you got a good break before starting it. Sounds like you handled the interviews exactly right. Do you know that you are one smart lady!

Please pray for me that I won't have to do nursing anymore. Have never felt so burned out. Maybe God has something better in store. Maybe this is why he set me down so I can see more clearly what to do.

When you have some time, let me know more about your new job. Again,I am so happy for you.