Monday, April 30, 2007

Putting this eye thing behind me.......

Well, I'm about to put my eye nightmare behind me. My friend picked me up a 9:00 this morning to go for the long awaited laser surgery. With a friend along the morning and the surgery went by really quickly and without a hitch.

It was all over so quick and the results were immediate. I put on my sunglasses and was on my way in under 90 minutes. My friend dropped me off at home and was off to complete her busy schedule.

After she was gone, I picked up the phone to call and schedule the appointment to complete the exam. I was expecting to be scheduled in a few day, maybe even a week. The reception said the doctor had an opening this afternoon. I hesitated, but only for a moment, then accepted the appointment for 2:30. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Again things could not have gone better.

I went home for a while. Had some dinner. Got on the computer. The colors are great. It looked like the typing was all bold ed. I didn't realize just how much I wasn't seeing. I also noticed my kitchen floor could sure use my attention.

I decided the day was going so well, I might as well top it off with going to the mall and order the glasses and put all this behind me.

I went in to Lens crafters and was greeted by an overly enthusiastic sails lady. I tried to keep my cool but told her I wanted to look around on my own and would come to her when I found what I was looking for. It took telling her that three times before she moved away. I know, she was only doing her job.

We were in the eye glass place about 45 minutes and the glasses are ordered and done. Amen. No more posting about glasses. No more eye appointments for a long, long time.

Besides, it will be a nice thing entering a new job without having to worry about my glasses. With a new job, I will have too many other things to worry about.

I'm off this week. I start my new job next Monday. I'm using the week to tie up loose ends, watch the little guy and take care of business. I might even get outside to work in the yard a while tomorrow while the little guy is here, (if the rain hold out).

3 comments:

Judith said...

I got home from my first day of orienting on a nursing unit, and checked blogs, and am so happy for your lazer surgery going so well, and with the new glasses, you'll feel much better about starting your new job. Glad everything turned out so well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear your eye surgery went well! It sounds like the difference is a lot like getting the first pair of glasses ever--I remember getting my first ones when I was a kid and being shocked at how much I wasn't seeing before that I'd just gotten used to.

Barb said...

Wow, Darlene. It sounds like it was all just smooth sailing. I know you're glad this is behind you.

Congratulations on being able to really enjoy seeing everything now.