Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Earth Day a little late....

In honor of Earth day (a couple days late) I found this "How green is your life quiz. I'm 76% green. I think that's pretty good. It could be better, but it could be worse too. How Green Are You?

Your Life is 76% Green
You live a very green life, and you're aware of how your actions help the earth.
Of course, it's hard to be totally green. But when you make a tradeoff, you know why you're making it.
http://www.blogthings.com/howgreenisyourlifequiz
How Green Is Your Life?

On Saturday I visited my local recycle center. I've had a couple rubbermaid containers with pop tops in them for a really long time. I kept telling myself they needed to get to the recycle center to do any good. Well, I decided to take them on Saturday. I know it was the day before Earth Day but I didn't know they would be celebrating there. When I got hter they food and drinks and balloons to hand out for bring things to the recycle center. And the price to recycle was up in honor of Earth Day. My two caontainer of pop tops yielded $63 and some change. I thought the lady made a mistake in the amount she game me. I was expecting about $20 dollars. I stood around for a minute, just to make sure she knew how much money she gave me.

When the lady didn't say anything I decided it was my duty to tell the lady she may have given me too much money. So I started by telling her that I didn't realize the price paid to recycle was as much money as it was. She said the price was up due to Earth Day. I still wasn't convenced that she had not made a mistake, so I tried another approach. Before I could say anything she ask if anything was wrong. I then told her she may have given me too much money. She thanked me for my honesty but reasured me that the $63 was the correct amount. I have to tell you, I almost ran to my car at this point. And those pop tops have been sitting in the garage for over 5 years, FIVE years. Amazing.

So, clean out that garage or spare room. You never know what kind of treasure your going to come upon.

Quote for the day: Each day comes bearing many gifts, untie the ribbons.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Boy, that's a LOT of pop tops. Good grief. $63! Good for you.