Sunday, April 01, 2007

Just checking in with this and that......

'myspace


What a beautiful weekend!

I came to the blog to talk about what a beautiful weekend it was. And in being beautiful, that doesn't always mean all sunshine. We came to the weekend with the threat of rain for both days. Saturday was the only day that really produced much rain, and even that wasn't bad.

Our church sponsored our annual Easter egg hunt for the kids in the neighborhood. Considering there are only 4-5 children who attend our church regularly, there were 65 kids that showed up for the hunt, rain and all. A nice lunch. A craft. A story telling the reason for the season, while the eggs were being hidden outside. The egg hut was a big hit. A good time had by all.

After the egg hunt, I got to spend the rest of the day with my grandson. What a joy he is to be around. He and I don't always get a lot of one on one time together. Big sister, however sweet and quite the little helper, sometimes pushes for more of the attention. It was a day of give and take. Sometimes his temper tried to get the best of the situation but grandma was too experienced for that to work. All he candy he ate (found in all the plastic eggs) didn't help but a two hour nap improved the situation immensely.

We wen t out side for a while. I even managed to get some of the garage cleaned. (I was going to take pictures and do that step by step clean up meme but I just attacked it and got it done. Besides he really enjoyed himself riding the new big wheel and playing baseball with a stick and a couple plastic baseballs. He's too cute. I love to watch him.

I'm off tomorrow to be in the opening day parade. My first. N0t my choice. I have been chosen to be one of the drivers so some of out consumers can march in the parade. It should be a really fun day. Better than being at work.

As most of you know when I first started blogging I was fairly new in my job. Well, recently I interviewed for another job. Probable better suited for me. More working with the elderly rather than adult MRDD. I have been struggling with what to do. Then I found this story on the Internet. I think the last two quotes say it all.......

The story of the five balls.
Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other balls ---- family, health, friends, integrity ---- are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, niked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.

God doesn't send you patience. He just sends you moments that make you practice being patient, over and over again.


Memories don't rest in our brains, which are apt to record the details wrong anyway,
but in our hearts.

My daughter and I don't recall her childhood in exactly the same as it was, but we do share the one thing that did matter. We both remembered the love.

Our relationship revolved around superficial issues, too bad we dealt with them like children. Bickering, nitpicking, judging and competing. Never in all those years did the thought occur to me ----and I'm sure it didn't occur to my sister of mom, either---that a time was approaching when we would be forced to cast aside our differences and respond to one another with mutual respect and to demonstrate the love undeniably ingrained deep in our hearts.

Don't wait for a tradigy to come to realize it is the future that is sacrificed. Our children are the ones who suffer. Aren't we the ones responsible for the change, the ones to break the pattern.

Is is possible to change the hearts of your sibling who have hurt so much themselves? Why is in that everyone takes the easy way out? Why not agree to disagree? Family is important. Is it too late for ours?

I believe we were a victom. But that was when we were children. Shouldn't we be mature adult and want change?

To be without love is to be without grace, what matters most in life. We is so much better than I.

Folks get discouraged because God doesn't make them saints overnight. They don't understand all the years of God-work that go into making one's life a thing of beauty--a lot of shaping, a lot of smoothing, a lot of finishing. aind if we rush the process, the flaws will surely show.

If you have to choose between following money or following your heart, go with your heart.

There are a lot of things that can't be correted. Squandering your life in a job that shrivels your soul is one of them.

And last but not least: Remember the ice storm that damaged so many trees. Well, I'm still fighting that battle. I had some one here looking at what it would take to bring down a tree that is leaning a bit too much. I guess I can take restitution in that it is only one tree. What a pain........ and not cheap either!

And the quote for the day: The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

2 comments:

Judith said...

Hello again new friend,

How did you know that's exactly what I needed to hear!!!

Judith said...

Hello again dear friend,

Thinking of you. All will be well. No matter what else is going on in the world, God's still in charge.

Happy, Happy Easter.