Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Woman's Beauty

I usually wash my hair in the moning then blow it dry. I have a 50-50 chance that it will look good. I don't usually do much to it other than using the blow dryer. It was raining outside and I knew even blowing it dry was a waste of time. Too much moisture in the air. It was going to be a bad hair day.

I found this really nice devotional about women. I liked it so much, I wanted to share. Even the scripture and prayer at the end are uplifting. .



A Woman's Beauty

Contrary to what we get told by our culture and the media, the beauty of a woman is not in the outer appearance. We are forever bombarded with products that are supposed to make us more beautiful – as if we are not beautiful the way we are. Creams to either hide or eliminate wrinkles, hairstyles and dyes to color our hair to hide the ‘grey’. Make up that masks our real faces, and jewelry & clothing to make us more attractive.

None of these really matter. They’re not wrong in themselves, but our attitude behind it should not be in the need of these things to make us more attractive. If we are concerned with the way we look, and care more about grooming our outward, it may be that we are discontented with who we really are. God wants us to be concerned with the inside – the real us. This is where the real beauty is. Having a pretty face, a perfect figure and all the accessories that go along with it, means nothing in the light of eternity. It only reflects the culture we live in, and I think that culture needs to be challenged. After having my daughter (after 3 boys), I noticed the kinds of toys available to ‘girls’. A lot have to do with ‘Beauty’ & ‘Glamour’. I had to ask myself, what kind of message is this sending?

I believe we need to get passed being overly concerned with our outward appearance, and concentrate more on what’s inside. Allow the Holy Spirit to beautify the inside. For when we have God’s beauty inside, it reflects on the outside – and then we won’t need the creams and make-up to make ourselves beautiful. We will have the natural beauty of a Godly woman, and that beauty is eternal

.-M.S.Lowndes


Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain , but a woman who reverently and worship fully fears the Lord, she shall be praised!


Lord may I reflect your beauty
The beauty of a Godly life
And to care not about what’s on the outside
But rather on what’s inside-
M.S.Lowndes

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great post! It is a wonderful reminder.

Barb said...

This is a beautiful devotional, Darlene. And I read your post about the call from your nephew. I got lots of email and instant messages from my nephew when he was in Baghdad. It was very eerie to know we were communicating while he was in such grave danger. I know the phone call meant the world to you and it's heartbreaking that he won't be home when his baby's born. Poor guy.

People just don't realize what our military actually sacrifices for us.