Monday, April 23, 2007

So many blogs, so little time.......

I came to my blog tonight after reading my email. I found a couple comments from Barb and Judith and wanted to thank them for being a regular reader on my blog. Thanks ladies.

I've been here reading blogs for about three and a half hours. I clicked on my daughter's blog to catch up on what's happening with the grand kids. I find an interesting blog on her site so I click on it and read a while. Then another interesting blog and off I go reading. Pretty soon a couple hours have gone by and the laundry still isn't folded. But it really is more important to visit with friends, isn't it? I visited Andrea, Judith, Barb, Debra, Mitch, Chelsea, Carolyn, Beth, and a host of other one.

This stuff is better than any novel I could ever read................

Work

The last week at this job is just beginning but I think it's going to be a very LONG week. My boss was on the war path today. The only consolation was I was out for an eye apt today for three hours. I couldn't wait to get out of there today.

My work is up for re certification. You'd think no one ever did anything but sit around with their thumbs in their mouths, the way they are running around. My motto it simple.......If you are doing it right all the time and not just when someone is coming to "Watch", you shouldn't need to do anything but DO WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY, ALL THE TIME.

My company is known for it's over doing it on the training end, to meet the MRDD standards, so we're are told. But the last couple weeks have been over the top. Sometimes going to trainings two to three times a day, just for documentation sake.

I valled to stay with this mess and see them through their inspection but I will be glad when it's done. The inspectors will be here Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Those are the days I want to hide under a rock. The bosses will be berserk. The good thing is on Friday when they leave, I leave too. No more Lois, Yippee!!!!

Wow! It's just past midnight and it is raining cat and dogs out there. The lights flashed a couple minutes ago. I guess that's a sigh I need to get of of her and go to bed.

Thanks for listening. Love reading all the blogs. Come back and visit.

Quote for the day: Make the most of the best and the least of the worse.

God Bless

1 comment:

Judith said...

Hello again dear friend, Two or three things here; first,I may have been too out spoken about your eye exam. If I was, I'm sorry. Hope it's getting worked out alright.

I so understand about difficult co-workers and bosses. Some pesonality types can be a problem, and like your situation, sometimes the ony thing you can do is just leave. Finishing out a two week notice isn't the most pleasant thing to do, but I've learned to see it as character building, and it feels good knowing I'm doing the right thing.

Inspections, on the other hand, will probably always be crazy. What I've learned about them is my "Dragnet" theory. "Just the facts, Mamm". Don't expect them to make sense. Don't volunteer anything, and don't irritate them.

Hope you get a more reasonable boss at your new job. Life's much too short to put up with one who isn't.