Saturday, March 17, 2007

Cherry Cobbler Recipe

I posted the other day and said I would be back with more recipes. I found this recipe on the Internet a couple months ago and have made it several times with different cake mixes. It turns out really well and easy. You can't get any easier. If you like cherries, and are limited on time, you'll love this. There's only 4 ingredients.

I call it cobbler, they call it dump cake...........you decide.

Cherry Cobbler aka Tropical Dump Cake

1 -21 ounce can cherry pie filling
1-20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
1-18 ounce of box yellow cake mix (I like white cake better)
1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup melted butter

Grease 9x13x2 baking dish

Dump into baking dish and spread or smooth in this order" cherry pie filling, undrained pineapple, dry cake mix. Arrange pieces of butter (1/4 cup) on top

Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over cake mix.

That's it! Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: