Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Four Things About Me.....

It's been a long crazy day. I don't know why we think we need to fill every minute of every day. When I tell myself that I'm are going to slow down, it seems like life gets faster. I wonder if that is God's way of keeping us out of trouble.

I have been attending a class to find out more about Foster Parenting. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. The teacher is real sweet. Interesting how much the class has changed since I started going. The class is held twice a week for three hours each night. There has been anywhere from 6-12 people in the class but only 3 of us have attended all classes so far. The class runs a lot like a college class only at the end of each night there is a knowledge assessment, aka: test. I don't know if I will go through the entire process and become a licensed foster parent but it has been very interesting and there are a lot of lost children who need a lot of TLC. Besides, I love children and have a lot to give.

I found this MEME in my travels on the WWW and thought it would be interesting to share. Feel free to copy it if you like it. I would be interested in knowing more abut some of you.

Four Things About Me

Four jobs I have had in my life

1. Worked in Special Education in the Public Schools with blind children and

ADHA children.

2. Worked in several Chinese Restaurants and can speak some of their language

3. I worked nights as a nurse aide for a very wealthy family

4. I spent one summer as a cook for a Day Care Center and I don’t even like to cook


Four movies I have watched over and over and over

1. SOUND OF MUSIC

2. A FAMILY THING

3. LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE

4. A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT

Four places I have lived

1. Cincinnati

2. Cincinnati

3. Cincinnati

4. And oh yes, did I mention Cincinnati


Four TV shows I love to watch

1. GREY’S ANATOMY

2. NUMBERS

3. EXTREME MAKE OVER

4. HOME IMPROVEMENT / REMODELING / CARPENTRY SHOWS


Four places I have been on vacation

1. TAMPA FLORIDA

2. SOUTH CAROLINA

3. PENNSYLVANIA

4. FLORIDA KEYS


Four of my favorite foods

1. BAKED GROUPER

2. ANDREA’S BROCCOLI CASSEROLE ( AKA FRAN’S )

3. HAM SALAD

4. SWEET POTATOES


Four places I would rather be right now

1. ON VACATION ANYWHERE WITH MY FAMILY

2. IN KEY WEST FLORIDA, ON THE BEACH, WATCHING THE SUN SET ON THE OCEAN

3. SITTING ON MY FRIEND PAM’S PORCH ON A BREEZY AFTERNOON REMINISCING ABOUT OLD TIMES

4. SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIMES WITH A SICK FRIEND IN TEXAS


Four places I would like to see

1. EUROPE, FRANCE, PARIS

2. ALASKA

3. PUTT IN BAY

4. CALIFORNIA


Four things I would really like to do

1. WRITE A CHILDREN’S BOOK

2. BUY MY DAUGHTER AND SON-IN-LAW’S OLD HOUSE.

3. LOOSE SOME WEIGHT

4 LISTEN MORE, TALK LESS

Four things I'd like to change

1. MY OPINIONS / THOUGHTS WHEN I AM FEELING NEGATIVE

2 THE UNTIMELY DEATH OF MY DEAR FRIEND GROVA

3. MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO SHARE WITH THOSE IN NEED, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN HERE IN OUR OWN CITY

4. CHANGE HOW BUSY OUR LIVES ARE AND SPEND MORE QUALITY TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND FAMILY


Good Night and don't forget to count your blessing.

3 comments:

Judith said...

I just got your comment about "Knock And It Shall Be Opened", so had to come to the Rose to see how you are.

Thank you so much for telling me more about you. You've had a very interesting life! and it's sounding like you may be planning more.

Strike that word "old" from your vocabulary. Life's too short to think about that.

I so admire your considering helping foster children. As I say to a daughter when something exciting happens, Wow, double wow!

Barb said...

You'd make a wonderful foster parent, Darlene. I hope you do it.

I know you'd love to buy Andrea's old house and she'd love it too.

And if y'all keep mentioning this broccoli casserole without posting the recipe, well, that's just mean. I love broccoli!

Why do I get the feeling you've lived in Cincinnati all your life? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey! We live near Cincinnati too! Cute blog!