Sunday, February 25, 2007

Family, Trees Limbs and Blog Changes

Blog designing takes a lot of time..........and energy.....just ask my daughter....Thanks Dear!

Boy, I still have so much to learn in the blog world. If not for my daughter I would be in a world of trouble. As you can see, I have moved over to the new blogger. I decided to try on some new colors too. The pink / red was a bit much. We are still tweaking it but I like the greens and pinks better. Some how the side bar information went to the bottom of the page, but we're working on it.

You remember I talked about a new cat. Charlie. He sure is a sweetie. He is always close. Most often at my feet (keeping them warm) whenever I am at the computer. But the other night he decided to jump up on the desk. And after walking around on the keyboard and the papers that were on the desk, he decided to settle in on top of a stack of papers and take a nap. Now every time I come to the computer he jumps up and stays there as long as I do. He really is a cutie laying there but I miss him keeping my feet warm.

I spent a very nice day with my daughter and family yesterday. Well the quality time was nice. The chore at hand wasn't so nice. They were here with a chain saw to help clear some tree limbs that fell from the trees when we had our ice storm. The tree branches turned out to be a lot more than I first thought. My son in-law didn't complain. He worked hard. And it was cold. He even climbed up on the roof and removed several BIG limbs. Thanks Big Guy!

He worked outside while my daughter worked on changing the blog over to the new blogger. I was having problems with the old one. She said I would enjoy all the new perks on the new one anyway. It looks better doesn't it?

After we finished working on the blog, we all ate pizza and went outside to work on hauling the branches to the curb to be picked up on Monday. My grandson had a great time riding back and forth down the driveway in the cart once it was emptied. He's so cute and good natured.

But wait, it gets better.

My grandson opted to stay at grandma's and take a nap. Saturday evenings is our time together. He took a two and a half hour nap and was in a great mood all evening. We did dinner (he wanted to help. Said he got lonely in the room by himself.) We read stories, watched movies, colored, bathed and just enjoyed each other's company. I love kids a three. Especially one on one time, (big sister sometimes wants ALL the attention. I love them both. Nice not to have to choose.)

I did miss spending extended time with the family after church today, but wedding shopping is priority. My daughter is getting a new sister in law in September and there is much to be done.

Isn't it a blessing to watch our families grow? God is so good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are very welcome, on all accounts!

The sidebar stuff shows up right for me. But the background for me is more gray-blue than green. Do you want us to play around with it or is it okay? Looks good though, even if I do say so myself. :)

Bare said...

I know how hard it is working on a blogger template-- I'm still trying to get mine all worked out! Sounds like you've got a great kitty! I have some new kitties myself, my beloved Morris passed away in early January. The new cats aren't exactly filling the void in my heart, but they do bring my day joy. God Bless :0)

Judith said...

Sounds like you all had a great day. How nice of family to help with that tree limb clearing work! May God bless you all.