Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Memories

I found this on Big Moma's Blog and thought it was cool. Hope you enjoy it.....

Christmas Memories

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog. I like them both but rarely have either.

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap them. Santa only comes to the immediate families house. Grandma's can do what they want.

3. Colored lights or White? Depends. I like the colored lights on my own tree but I like the white ones as outside decorations.

4. Do you hang misletoe? No
5. When do you decorate for Christmas? Usually the first week in December but this year I did it the weekend on Thanksgiving.

6. What's you favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? My daughter's mother-in-law's red jello with strawberries and cranberries.

7. Favorite holiday as a child? Easter because you got a new outfit of clothes and a new pair of shoes. And because we went to church and learned the spiritual reasons for the holiday then had a big egg hunt.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about (or if you don't remember) What is your
favorite Santa memory? My favorite Santa memory is when my daughter was almost three. My X-brother-in-law dressed up like Santa and came to visit our home. He was so gentle and kind. He made her feel like the special little girl she was.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. Not usually. We spend Christmas Eve at my daughter's in-laws. We have a nice dinner then go to church together.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights and lots of homemade and special ornaments

11. Snow, love it or hate it? Love to look at it and play in it. Hate to shovel and clean up after it.

12. Can you Ice Skate? Nope. Only tried once when I was 10. Had the skates on for about 10 minutes. A kid came and knocked me down and broke my glasses. Haven't been on the since.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have two. A quilt Peggy ( my daughter's God Mother) gave me for Christmas when I had long since given up on getting one. I helped her make bunches. I didn't get one myself until two years before she died. It was a beautiful one that had been cross stitched then quilted. And the second one is a cool thing my daughter gave me several years ago that allows me to put lotion on my own back when no one is around.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? The quality family time and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas.

15. What is your favorite dessert? Pumpkin Pie.

16. What's your favorite holiday tradition? Going to church on Christmas Eve with the family.

17. What tops your tree? An angel, of course.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. Especially to families that really need it. (It's fun to get gifts too).

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of them!

20. Candy canes. Yuck or Yum? Not yuck or yum. I only enjoy maybe on the whole season. But not peppermint. Another flavor.

No comments: