Sunday, December 10, 2006

Busy.....Busy.....Busy

The only thing I can think of that is better than quality family time is quality friend time. I have had the pleasure of having a nice dose of both this weekend.

I had my annual Holiday Ornament Exchange Party. My daughter and I shared the party, therefore both her friends and my attended. We are so blessed to have so many great group of friends. Twelve out of a possible twenty. I consider that a good number. Even though not all the people knew each other but by the end of the night, everyone was socializing with everyone. I love to see all having a good time. I love games at parties when everyone gets involved and there are no strangers at the party.

My daughter made some awesome snacks straight from her Pampered Chef cookbooks. And I have to say, for someone who doesn't like to cook, she sure did a great job. We had Veggie Pizza, Apple Crisp and the best homemade Cream Puffs you'll ever find. Thanks Babe. I rally appreciate you.

And in the end, anyone who wanted to order something from Pampered Chef for Christmas had a chance to do that too.


Another Busy day.......

Today was equally as busy as yesterday. The church sermon was really interesting and easy to focus on. I really like church at Christmas time. The music, the choir, the decorations, what the season stands for, the kids, but most of all the family time and how close everyone is to you at that time of year.

We had a quick lunch at F&L's. Then it was off to get a few things done before returning to church for a carry-in dinner and the annual Christmas gathering with the families and neighboring churches. We had a great time and some really good eating. And of course, Santa made a visit. I love to watch my grandson and he even got on santa's lap without crying this year and that was cool!

My next door neighbors lost a tree. Or I should say We lost a tree. It was their tree (thank God) but it kinda messed up a big part of the back of my fence. Not a problems for me but their dogs are stuck inside until they get the tree people to finish. And to make the job even bigger, my neighbors decided while the tree people were there, they might as well take the tree out next to the house. It has lost two great limbs in the last 12 months as it still wasn't too stable. My daughter's father-in-law got a win fall. He got some really nice wood for turning in his woodshop. I think that's the only good thing that came out of the whole thing, right here at the holiday season. No that's not true, no one was hurt and that's a blessing.

No comments: