Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Been a long day but a good one. Went to a workshop instead of work. A lot of the people were dressed in costume. The motivational speaker was really good. He had compassion and strength in his message to the crowd. Something you don't find very often at a workshop.

The family were invited over to watch the grands in their costumes. Sleeping Beauty and the little green dragon were great. The little dragon was content in following sleeping beauty where ever she went but wasn't so interested in the candy, which was more than okay with my daughter. Sleeping Beauty went to trick or treat with some friends while the little dragon entertained the rest of the family in the driveway around the firepit. Nice evening. Very nice!

I've been getting some really neat emails from my friends. I got some great pictures of our city skyline. This would make nice clip art in any presentation or just for fun. I have enclosed the link if anyone would like to take a look. Click on the picture to enlarge it.
http://urbanohio.com/CinnSkyline.htm.

Still thinking about christmas gifts. Having a problem finding the right pattern for the sweater I want to make for my granddaughter. She wants a cable sweater. Most of what I have found are knitting. I want crochet. If anyone has a nice pattern for one I would be interested in seeing it.

Helped my brother move the other day. Poor Guy has a bad cold and isn't feeling well. He found a cute little apartment. It's small but just the right size for him. He is excited about the two decks. With winter coming it may be a while before he can enjoy them. He still has a lot to do but it is coming right along. I promised more help but he wants to let his cold run it's course and then get serious. I can't say I blame him.

The river is really up and hasn't yet created. If I lived on the east side of town, down by the river I think I would worry myself to death. My sister;s business is on a barge and it rises as the river does but the ramp continues to grow. As the river rises they put extentions onto the existing ramps. The parking lots and part of the hill is now under water. No one seems too worried about it. I haven't been down there since sunday but my brother says it continues to rise.

My sister has been out of town for the last five days. I can't wait to see her face when she sees how high the river is. She has a long history down by the river so she may just take it in stride.

Looking forward to a nice visit with a dear old friend this weekend. She lives in Minnesota and is visiting her daughter in Kentucky. She is elderly and has some health issues and traveling is hard on her. She is a real dear soul. We've been friends for 35 years. Hard to believe that much time has gone by. She has a really sweet daughter. When we first met, she didn't care much for me. I think we have all grown to care a lot about each other.

Friends are great. Friends are the only gift you can give yourself. And most often you get out of the friendship what you put into it. Even miles can't separate the really good friendships. Sometimes it even makes the heart grow founder.

Sometimes I wish it were that easy with family but we all have our own lives and agenda and often move in separate directions. I am blessed with a beautiful daughter, a wonderful son-in-law and two extra special grandchildren. I had a good time with everyone this evening.

I had more roses that thorns today.

No comments: