Sunday, August 17, 2008

We should never be too busy for family time......

We all live is such a busy world. We let the days, weeks and months slip through our fingers. Then we sit back and wonder where the time went. How the kids could possible be that big. How your child could possible have a child old enough to be entering junior high in a few days. Man, I feel old.

Today I spent a lovely day with my daughter and family. All I can say is, I am so blessed. She is such a great mom! And let's not forget how good the dad is too! Not that we need to be reminded, or maybe we do need reminders. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. Spend that quality time with the family. Do what you can to be happy and do whatever you can to ensure their happiness too. We may not get tomorrow. And none of us are getting any younger.

Today we went to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game. They had been on a loosing streak but today they won 7-3 today! I just know it was because they knew there was a Mercy Me concert scheduled immediately after the game.

The game was really good, the seat were almost on the field. We got signatures of several players and even high fives for the Reds mascot. The concert was Great! We were able to keep the seat from the game. There were maybe 10,000 people who attended the concert. It was the greatest feeling listening to that many people sing Amazing Grace, and we sang it twice! Awesome! They gave us opportunities to sing a couple other songs too. It only lasted about an hour, but it was a powerful hour.

The lead singer talked about dealing with problems and how God intended for us to have them. He talked about the book of Job and how problems are a part of life. And how God sacrificed too. He gave his own perfect son. It was deep in there for a while, but I came away refreshed and renewed. You can't help but count your blessing, problems and all.

Take care of yourselves. Be good to yourselves.

Quote of the day: The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise man grows it under their feet. James Oppenheim

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Darlene - I'm loving your blog! My husband and I were fortunate enough to see Mercy Me in January. They have certainly had some adversity and I love how powerfully they worship and lead others to Him through their music. Their song "Bring the Rain" has a very special meaning to my Sweet Hubby and I...