Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Work that brain!.........

Well my second day on the job is gone and things are going well. It sure is a lot to take in at one time.

The person I am replacing is still on the job and has been doing her best to remember everything that she can think of to make my transition go as smoothly as possible. This should make my job easier after she is gone. I really appreciate that! The last job, I went into, I went in blind.

Thankfully, most of what she is sharing, I have already done before. I just need to brush up on it because I haven't done most of the paper work required in over seven years. Hopefully it will be like riding a bike, a little practice and I'll be off and running. In the mean time, prayers are appreciated.

It didn't take long to realize the job consist of 20 percent staff and resident interaction and 80 percent paper work. The state has to have their part. I'm okay with the paperwork. My only hope is that I can keep up while in the relearning process.

Learning the new computer systems, residents, staff names, new policies and procedures and the like.............Aren't new jobs fun? Maybe I'm getting too old for all this job jumping thing.

It is nice to be back to work and I know this for sure.........If God takes me to it, He will see me through it.

Have a good night. God Bless.

2 comments:

Judith said...

Congratulations again, friend. I sure understand that new kid on the block feeling. Am thankful the person whose leaving is so helpful. But I do understand all those details to deal with again can help you forget how good you are at this work.

Some jobs I've started, I felt apprehensive about too. Sometimes I resorted to giving myself an out loud pep talk before getting out of the car, and hoped nobody saw or heard me.

More than a few of our jobs, I think, served only to teach us things. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I know what you mean about the 80%/20% ratio. It's about like that in nursing, too. The paperwork has become such a fix it for their possible liability, I think it will only increase.

Just know that there's a reason you got this job, and friends like myself are praying God's blessings on it for you. He may not deal with the paperwork part of it, but He fixes lots of other things.

P.S. I am on chapter five of my book.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on starting the new job! I hope that all goes well with it!