Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Catching up on the good stuff.......

I came to my blog several hours ago, not really knowing what I wanted to blog about, just knowing I needed to come. I decided to go catch up on some of my friend's blogs. Maybe I would be inspired, find a really neat meme.

What I found in reading some of the blogs is that everyone else has been as busy as me and more. Judith at Flight Song has a new job and a new house. I'm so glad for her. Who says God doesn't answer prayers?

And Andrea at Decipher the fog. She may not have blogged in the last several days but I wonder where she gets the time and energy to do all that she does. Her son, my grandson starts preschool tomorrow, I think. And with all the soccer practices and games for two children, two part time jobs and a husband. Oh to be young again.

And Chelsea and DH and Boo. And Stephine, hubby and Elli. Must be the season. Everyone is all pumped up because it is finally getting cooler outside. It's about time.

I went to my grandson's soccer practice today only to find out it was cancelled. I was disappointed at first because I really enjoy watching him and visiting with my daughter, granddaughter and sometimes my son in law.

Then I thought about it for a minute. I was out of work earlier than I had been all week. It was a beautiful day. I went to the park and took a walk. (my first for the summer season). I got home before 7:30, went outside and worked in the yard until I couldn't see my hands in front of me. With the weather being so hot this summer, the yard has suffered quite a bit. The weeds and bushes were taking over and the poor trees need water soooooo bad. The grass, if longer, could pass for hay it's so dry.

Work continues to go well. I still work way too many hours but it doesn't seem to matter. The job is very rewarding and it keeps me out of mischief. Besides, my coworkers are working just as hard as I am and it is for the good of the people who live there.

What a great time had by all at the wedding this past weekend. Everyone was beautiful and the quality family time was priceless. I have lots of pictures and will post some of them as soon as I get the time to downloaded and cropped them. Andrea may beat me to it. She has some really nice ones too.

Quote: Our God is an Awesome God. Amen.

God Bless

2 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I was hoping to visit your welcome to my neighborhood but always love catching up with people. You have been busy I must say! God Bless!

Judith said...

I surely understand about your being so busy at work. Hope the job is still as good as you thought it would be. The world needs souls like you, who care so much for the alzheimer people.

For the last ten days I've oriented so much, in meeting rooms and on three different nursing units. I think it's a good place to work, but am glad to have some days off.