Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Can life get any fuller?


Vacation Bible School started at our church yesterday. I'm leading the crafts. I have to say, after a long productive day at work, it is a real challenge getting to church by 6:45 and having the energy to keep going, serving about 50 children until 9:00. Needless to say, when I get home I am really tired and truly full filled. It feels good to give back to our community.

Before today, I thought that was hard but I must say, I change my mind. My job was easy, compared to my daughter's. She had 17, that's right 17, 3&4 year olds. That's a lot of toddlers to keep entertained for two hours, when you don't really know them. The room is a really nice size if you have 8-10 children in it. She has them climbing the walls, and that's with 3 other helpers.

Pray that the weather holds out the rest of the week. They are calling for a chance of rain tomorrow and an almost certainty of rain on Thursday and Friday. Talk about wild,if tthey can't go outside. They need that to get rid of some of that bottled up energy.

We have three more days, and counting.

Work is going well. I continue to go to a lot of trainings. Some of which I have had before but I say nothing and keep going for the good of the company. I go tomorrow and Friday for more training outside of our community. I can't wait to be able to stay in my own community and put some of this wonderful training to use. Besides, the more I am away, the more paper work is put on hold.

I am coming up on my 90 day eval.( It feels like I have been there for years. ) I can see small improvements and changes since I started. I look forward to continued improvements in the quality of care our neighborhood ( that's what the call the area I work in) provides for our residents. Do I regret changing jobs, no way! Even when I work a lot more hours. The quality and reason for service in in place. You can't ask for more than that. I enjoy doing my part.

Quote for the day: Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and descover they were the big things.

God Bless. Good Night. .

1 comment:

Judith said...

Glad to know you feel really good about the job change. And you are one brave lady, to tackle vacation Bible School work again. Where in the world do they get all that energy!!!