Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A little of this and that....including a NEW JOB

It's spring, Yippee!!
Wow! You can sure tell it's spring. I have been really busy inside and out. The weather was warm for about a week and it made me want to get outside and get some yard work done. I love the look of a freshly mower lawn. Then it got cold but there was plenty to do inside. I hope the mood stays with me for a while. I would like to get some closets cleaned as well as some work done in the basement. And I still have another shelving unit to build in the garage.

The tree removal was interesting.........
I had a tree removed in the backyard. It was a real leaner. I was worried that it would fall on someone. It was leaning into the neighbors yard and had lost a few limbs. . Turns out they didn't remove the whole tree, just the leaning parts and a few branches from a couple other trees. And Wow, is it expensive!! I can tell you the two men that did the work really earned their money. The one guy used a rope and climbed that tree like he was a squirrel or something. The other guy was the muscle of the operation. He moved most of the tree into the wooded part of the yard. Nice to have the tree taken care of. One less thing to worry about.

My only pair of glasses......
And then there is the nice big crack I have in the only pair of glasses I own. I have been wearing glasses for more years than I would care to mention but I have never had any crack like these have. I just know the reason for the crack is because I hurtled them over the fence the other week. At the time there were no visible damage. I picked them up this past Sunday and noticed a big crack in the bottom right lens. It has been all down hill from there. I have since found two more cracks. I went to the eye doctor thinking I could just get an eye exam and a new pair of glasses. Not so fast. They found a problem with the eyes. I have another appointment and another eye doctor and I am still wearing the cracked lenses, praying they don't fall apart before I can get them replaced.

Having said that about the glasses I can also share the I Have Accepted A New JOB. I will be more excited about it once my new problem with the glasses fixed. My insurance is only good for as long as the old job is....two more weeks. I have to give it to the doctors. They are doing their part and moving the appointment along and that's a blessing.

I have a new job........Yippee!!!
The new job is a welcoming blessing. I haven't liked my current job for a long time. I could have lived with the job, it was the boss I didn't like. Unfortunately we all have to work for a living. And you can't let one job go with out a replacement if you are the only one bring any money into the house. I think this job is a better match with my experience. I'm looking forward to a new beginning. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Foster Parenting classes......
As for the foster care classes I have been doing. I have finally finished the classes. I haven't followed up on the rest of the process yet, (I've been too busy working on getting my new job and working in the yard) but I do plan on continuing with it. Time will tell what will come out of it. I'm not sure where I want to go with it. I have to wait and see what happens with the new job first.

Isn't it interesting how life can be slow and somewhat boring sometimes and then you start getting involved in something and all of a sudden life is crazy. Truth be told, I would rather life be too busy and crazy than slow and boring.

Quote for the day: Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life.

God Bless.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are excited about your new job! I sure hope they can replace your glasses soon.

And I LOVE the pics of the cat ON the fish tank. Silly cat! :)

Judith said...

Good for you about changing the work situation.

Barb said...

Congratulations on the new job. How exciting for you. You know, if new insurance isn't going to start immediately with the new job, and it rarely does, you have the right to COBRA to extend your current insurance until you have new coverage.

Too bad about your glasses. It does seem like we go along forever with nothing exciting happening and then it all hits at once. I'm with you - I like crazy busy better than boring.