Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Read other people's blogs.....Who me?

I spend a lot of time reading. Not necessarily novels but almost anything else. Lately it has been a lot of blogs. I don't always comment on then, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. There are a lot of nice people out there. And funny. Sometime I'm rolling on the floor. Sometimes I am brought to tears. And still other times I am so inspired by a blog that it stays with me for several days, if not longer.

It's nice to have the time to read all those blogs. Sometimes I spend several hours a night playing in the blog world. I often find myself bringing some of those people into my day. Let's face it, there is a lot to be learned out there. How better to learn something than from someone who has been there, done that. Think someone reading that blog doesn't learn from it. Sure they do. And the tips and advice are endless. If you don't like what your are reading just closed it down and go to another one. There is lots to choose from.

I know the new bloggers (like me) are important. We have to start somewhere. But the seasoned bloggers and all the wonderful link they attach to their post are priceless learning tools and cause us to stop and not take ourselves too seriously. I visited Barb's blog at A Chelsea Morning and clicked on at least ten different links. Some were other people's blogs, some were devotions and some were to teach you to be a better blogger. In Flight Song, she is a more serious blogger with much to be learned about life. I especially enjoyed reading about her family and their experiences. I like reading my daughter's blogs too, Decipher the fog. She is a great christian and not afraid to show it in her post. I like her humor and writing style. Besides. I like reading about the grandchildren. I learn everyday things that sometimes get lost in the scuffle of a busy day.

I follow about 20-25 blogs. I don't always stay with them as closely as I want but I know they are always there when I'm ready and have the time to read them.

I have to say when I was first heard about my daughter's blog, (that was the first one I read) I was more than concerned. My mind was full of questions.....Who is reading this stuff?.....Can they link back to her?....Is she safe?.....etc.......etc. As I kept reading I found I got a lot of pleasure in reading it. I started reading other blogs and found that sure you have to be careful what you post due to the wierdo's out there. But that doesn't me you can't have a good time and meet some really nice people in the process. I joined the club in October and I think I like it here.............. :-)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself. I thought you might like it around here. :)

Judith said...

Hi "thankful for the thorns" lady, I'm glad you're here too.