Friday, January 19, 2007

A new look in the works

I just spent a nice day with my daughter. She is always so busy with the children but we were able to find some quality time today. She is smarter than she gives herself credit for in working with the blog. She is the reason I can and have made changes in the look of my blog. (You think I can do this alone, not!) There is a lot more to this blogging thing than I ever thought. Kind of fun working on it. You learn more than you think, even if I was only watching while she did all the work. We still need to tweak it a bit but I think it's really coming along. Thanks Babe.

I called off work today. I felt bad about calling in but only for a moment.I got up a 4 in the morning feeling kinda blah. My head was pounding. I took some medicine and went back to bed to see if I would feel any better at the real time I was to get up. I woke at seven, called in to work and went back to bed. I started feeling some better about eleven. I called my daughter, who was busy as usual. Long story short, we went to Wally world for a few errands and had lunch together at home with the boys. When the kids went down for naps she offered to help me with my blog. I gladly accepted.

Tomorrow should be a busy day. It's back to my sister's store and more inventory. My brother and I worked on it for about 10 hours last weekend. I'd say we have at least another 20 to 30 hours to go. We might get it done by Easter. Not really. It needs to be done by the end of the month. We only work on it on the weekends. We both work other jobs. My brother watches the store several hours a day. There isn't much going on. The boating season doesn't open up again until May. My sitter is out of town and isn't due back until mid February. I got a whisper the other day that the store may be sold. (Cross your fingers.) Which may mean the boating season is over for them, at least on the merchant's end of things.

2 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

Wow, the new look is awesome! Now you're getting your "hands dirty"! Glad you had a nice day with your daughter!

Barb said...

Well, for Pete's sake, Darlene! I had no idea you'd started your own blog. Why didn't I know that?

And it's so nice. I've always thought Andrea's amazingly talented with design. And between the two of you, this is so nice.

It's funny how you look back six months after you start doing this, back to when it was scary to even contemplate "tweaking" anything, and you realize how much you've learned.

So almost four months later, welcome! Good grief. I had no idea but I'm tickled pink you're out here.

OK. Gotta go. There's always room for one more blog in my bloglines.

:-)