Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas pictures and More.....

I have been working the better part of the evening to figure out how to post pictures on the blog. To all you bloggers out there who have these fantastic blogs with lots of pictures and links and anything else you can think of, God Bless you. You must not have any kids or a husband or even a life. Doing this is interesting and fun but is also a real time sucker.

My girlfriend ask me to post some of the christmas pictures on the blog so she could see them. I never dreamed it would take all night. The position and placement of the pictures aren't quite what I expected but I will get better at it with practice.

We are so blessed to have family members who love and care for us enough to want to make gifts for us or spend time looking for just the right gift. Our family is that kind of family. We all spend hours shopping for or making that special gift that will reach in and hold the heart of the receiver. I love to watch the expression on their faces, for a look is worth a million words.

The first picture is the tree after everyone got there. Makes the big tree look small. They say big things come in small packages but the saying also is little things come in big packages.

The second picture is of me opening a cordless weed eater. The great idea of my son-in-law. I needed one really bad but would never have ask for one because they are so expensive and money was tight for all this year.

The next picture is of my grandson and his dad. The little guy is the most appreciative three year old I have ever known. No matter what it is he stops to really look at the gift and then turns to the giver and thanks them before moving on. I think there is something to be said for that in a child these days.








The last two picture are of gifts I made for them. My granddaughter liked the sweater so much she ask if she could put it on right out of the box. We (her and I)have a thing for snowmen. Well, I have a thing for snowmen that seems to have rubbed off on my granddaughter. My grandson has a thing for sports. He is young to be getting a lamp but I couldn't resist. I think the lamp will be a nice addition to his room. Maybe on his desk.

In watching the family. I wish we could all come together more and be as happy and contented everyday. Too bad life keeps up moving at a pace we find difficult to keep up with. Making the time, is the secret. We never know what life holds for any of us. We need to make the most of it.

Most of us are so relieved to get Christmas behind us that we often forget how nice the actual holiday really was.

Well, there are only two more days left of this year and we can start all over again. I hope next year is a little easier and kinder than this year was. Change is important to keep us focused and grounded but this year has been a bit much.

My hopes for the new year is to spend more time with the grandchildren, become more involved in my community, eat healthier, lose some weight, get organized, and love the people around me more. Life is too short.

And to close this post, let us all say a prayer for the service men and women. My nephew will be deployed in January. Even though we are aware that this war has taken it tole on too many families. When it reaches out to your own family, the impack is quite different. God Bless the service men and women. God be with you. God Bless America.

1 comment:

MommaMonkey said...

Great pictures! GHlad you enjoyed the holidays with family! That's the best part of the holidays. Family.