Monday, November 06, 2006

Christmas is coming

Christmas is right around the corner. It seems like we'll be skiing down hill from here. I spent a long time looking for patterns for a homemade Christmas for my family. I couldn't find a sweater pattern. My granddaughter wanted a sweater with a cable stitch down the front. I wanted crochet. All I found was knitting. Any good sites for hand made kids sweaters in crochet?

I found the cutest snowman sweater. We have a thing about snowmen. Not to mention I have been collecting them for about 6 years. The only problem was, the snowman sweater pattern only came in a size 6. She's a 10-12. I played with the pattern for a while and managed to get the proper gage. I am more than half way finished with the front. It looks really good. When I get it finished I will post a pattern and maybe a picture on my blog.

I found a great afghan pattern for my daughter, maybe? I like making things for her because she always appreciated the work that goes into making homemade gifts. She has made a few things herself. I like her hand made cards and her Pampered Chef cooking creations.(And she says she can't cook).

I'm still on the lookout for a really neat boys sweater pattern, toddler size 4. I found a couple but they seem kinda girly and I don't thing his dad would appreciate that, let alone let him wear it. Anyone out there with any ideas, I'm open for suggestions, as time is closing in.

Can you believe it? In less than a month we will be decorating for the holidays. Oh my goodness! Makes me tired just thinking about it.

For the pass several years I have been having an ornament exchange party. This year will be no different. And even though money is tight, I still think it will be lots of fun. I love getting together during the holidays. Especially with family and friends.

The hardest thing about Christmas is my best friend died right before Christmas last year. It's hard to believe on December ninth she will be gone a whole year. She was quite a lady. I liked her spunk. She's probably up there giving God direction on how to do it now. May she rest in peace.

Got a call from my nephew this evening. He is in the Marines. He sounded so sad tonight. He said he would almost rather be just about anywhere than where he was. He's in a dessert in California, training to go over seas in January or February. His girlfriend will have their child while he is away and I think it is all hitting him. Guess he has a lot of time to think about things. Glad he took the time to call his Aunt Dee.

I would love to sit her and blog all night but it's late and morning comes too soon. Being short at work all week, I will need all the energy I can muster.

Good Bless and Good Night.

No comments: