Monday, June 18, 2007

On the move and loving it........

I sat here day after day, not very happy with what was going on in my life and didn't do anything about it for a very long time. Then one day I realized no one was going to change anything for me. I needed to do that myself. Getting this new job has put a new twist on life. Coupled with joining the YMCA and the travel that is required with the job, I can tell you, I've been on the move a lot lately.

It seems like this new job has put a new lease on life.

Actually, that's only partly true. Vacation had nothing to do with the job other than the requested time off before accepting it.

The day trip to King's Domain has much to do with the job. It was a lovely way to get to know my management team members at work without the usual daily stress the job brings. We spent the day playing games and learning how to work together as a team. Then went out for a refreshment and laughed and joked for another hour and a half. Pretty cool.

The trip to Columbus earlier this week for three days did. The business conference was a true learning experience, if only I could process it all. Twelve mini modules in two days is almost too much, but at least you do come away with most of it.

The trip to Put in Bay this past weekend was to die for. The quality family time. Relaxing. Strengthening family relationships. The beauty of the Island. We camped. We cooked out of doors. We even managed to find a park that almost no one else spent any time in to spend our days. The guys dropped a line in the water and fished. The women socialize and kept a keen eye on the munchkins. I like to watch the kids, even when the oldest one gets frustrated because she can't keep up with the men when baiting a hook. The little guy was a treat from start to finish. I love to hear him sing and watch him dance. And in the tent at night, I even got a taste of the funky chicken. You ask, what's that? Believe me, you don't want to know.

Then there is the business trip at the beginning of next week. I will be gone one day short of a week. That's a lot of cloths and stuff to pack! I almost wish it were in a town I was familiar with. And if not that, closer to home. But then again, I may find another new friend or vacation spot.

I get to spend the day mentoring with someone who holds the same job I have. It should be really interesting. The evening will be spent in a hotel, for a week. Who knows, I may need the time to myself. I'm a little worried about flying but I know God will be with me.

What's up after that, I have no idea. Hopeful, more of the same.

Quote: Life is a picnic and we are the ants! Celebrate.

God Bless. Good Night.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Sounds like your new job has opened big doors to very interesting travel and learning. I am very happy for you about this.

Do not be afraid of flying. The most difficult part of it is getting to and from the airport.

Again I am wonderfully happy for you.

Will tell you more about my work situation, just as soon as more about it unfolds.

Betty said...

Wow! You are very busy! Life flys by when you're busy! Glad you like your new job. So do you have to travel often?

Carolanne said...

Glad you've setttled in so quickly to your new job and that you're loving it! :)