Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything

I am having a great time working my way through the different blogs at the blog party. I hope the name continue to be posted for a while. I have only made my way through about half of them but hope to be given the time to get through more. I wish all I had to do is blog and read blogs but we all know that isn't possible. The price is too great when we ignore our house and family and the chores that go with them.

Some of the sites I have visited say they are new bloggers but you would never know it by the sight of their blogs. They have several blogs, pictures, lots of links. You can sure tell who has done their homework before posting and those who have the time to put into making a great blog. I'm lucky if I get to post a couple time a week.

I loved reading the blogs about the women who blog about their children and the funny experiences they have making their way through a day. And the ones who have the same interests as I do. Or the one that have you rolling on the floor with their humor.

There should be a prize given to the two women who initially started this party a 5 minutes for mom. What a fantastic idea!. All us new blogger have been give a way to find new people. Heck, I visited people from Russia, Canada, and England! How cool is that? I also found several right here in my own community.

A big happy birthday to my family members. March is a big birthday month for us. My brother's birthday was last Sunday on the 4th. We all went dinner and had some good old fun reminiscing with him. My daughter's father in law's birthday is Tuesday, the 13th. Happy Birthday Larry. And my beautiful daughter Andrea's birthday is Next Monday, the 19th. I'm still waiting to hear what she wants for her birthday. I love celebrating birthdays. It gives the family another change to spend some quality time together.

I spent some nice quality time with my grandson last night. He gets cuter every day. My girlfriend and I played scrabble and he was on my team. He was content to placing the letters on the stand then going back to playing with his cars at my feet. When I got new letters, he again placed them on the stand. He continued to play long after we quit. Surprisingly he was able to recognize a lot of the letters. He ended up spending the night and the first thing he wanted to do when he woke up was play scrabble (his way). Go figure!.

The church service was good today. The minister talked about stepping up and offering service in the church without waiting for the minister to ask, when you know the service is needed. She gave several good examples. !. If your not happy with the way the youth are being served, step up and not only offer concerns but offer assistance and ideas to help. 2. It's easy to complain about something, it's not so easy to step forward and do something about it to make it better.

Our church may be small but it is a very caring congregation who reaches out to help each other. Keeping in mind, it is easy to become self contained. I think our church takes that next step and reaches out into the neighborhood.

I found some cool recipes I'll post next time.

May we continue to work on being more like God wants us to be. Good Bless.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi MOM! Thanks for the Happy Birthday - I think you are the first one to wish me that!

I STILL don't know what I want for my bday. I'll think about it today...

Glad you are enjoying the party! :)

Barb said...

Hi Darlene,

I can't believe you've already made it through half the links at the blog party. Good grief. There are over 900 of them. I'm not even going to attempt to visit each and every one - there just aren't enough hours in the day, especially if I try to keep up with the blogs I already follow.

I honestly think only posting a couple of times a week is fine. I've slowed way down. I can't believe I posted two and three times a day when I first started a year ago. I just can't do that any more. As long as people subscribe to you in bloglines, they know when you do a new post. So don't worry about that. :-)

Carolanne said...

I didn't join the Blog Party - I was too late but I found your name at doodlemum's blog and decided to investigate.
March is a big birthday month for my friends and family, too.
I also enjoyed the cute photos of your cat at the computer. I can't imagine my dog finding cute places to hide but she's a golden retriever x border collie.