Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A new beginning

Hello fellow bloggers. I've been talking about getting this blog thing going for a long time. I like the computer and spend more time than I should poking around in it. I might as well be blogging and making new friends. My daughter has had a bolg for about a year. She has nothing but good thing to say about all the nice people out there. I hasitated to put my personal info out there for everyone to see. But the support we can offer each other by sharing out weighs the hesitation, so I have made the leap.

I titled my first post a new beginning for a lot of reasons but I guess the biggest reason was because of my new job.They cut the funding for my old job which pushed me out there to look for a new one. I have been at the job for four and a half months and I am still not totally convinced I like it. It seems I learn something new everyday, which is a good thing and probable why I have stayed this long. And working with special need people I hope to be making a difference in another persons life, which is another good reason for staying. But aren't you suspose to have fun at least part of the time, or is that why they call it work? Most days my day goes by too quickly and I don't seem to be able to have any fun. My boss is the kind of boss that finds fault in anything you do that wasn't her idea. Hence the thorns. I have a job. I believe in bringing a little of yourself into a job. Otherwise, they could use a robot ( you think?). With the holidays just around the corner, for now, I think I'll stay. I may even decide I like it, one of these days. Besides, looking for a job sucks, even on a good day.

Well, it's late and I'm tired. Anyone who reads this and has any good blogs or ideas to help get my blog off to a good and interesting start, feel free to leave a comment.





1 comment:

Andrea said...

The very first comment on your very first post!!! Yipee!!! Great post, Mom. I look forward to reading more!